Before Thanksgiving our front of the house manager posted a sign up sheet for which holiday we wanted to be off work. For most of the employees, we are young students and don't consider this job a career. Most of my family is out of town and it's always hard for me to call and tell them I can't make it for the holidays because I can't get off work. Bartending and waiting tables is not my first priority. I am a full time student and when I am on break for the holidays I want a real break. None of the managers seem to take into consideration that we have a life outside of the restaurant. I realize they need people to work to keep the business running but I have been working there for over three years and for some aspects of the job I believe seniority should rule. I have put in my hard work and time to be off work for Christmas Eve.
Food Presentation Specialist,
MEC
No comments:
Post a Comment