Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Football

Living in the South, football seems like Christmas for most people. The Iron Bowl is one of the biggest events of the year and it effects the restaurant business in the worst way. Trying to make money in the month of November is very hard to do. During the week the money can be decent but Saturday and Sunday are tough times. The restaurant I work in has two small and outdated T.V.'s. No one wants to watch Alabama football in classy, polish casual bar. People want to scream and yell and be drunk, we don't provide the best atmosphere for that. Most of the time I grateful I don't work in a smoky, loud bar that always has drunk sloppy men hanging around, but during football season it's hard to make money unless you are in the Alabama football party scene.

Food Presentation Specialist,
MEC

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20101127/NEWS01/11270340/Black-Friday-Iron-Bowl-cook-up-big-business-at-eateries

No comments:

Post a Comment